Bul M-5

tony.s

What do the 1911 experts think of this gun? An Israeli-made, polymer frame 1911. I'm looking for a 1911 that works, but I'm on a budget. (And I do want a 1911. It fits my hands the best and appeals to me the most.) Previously I had thought about tinkering with a Norinco, little by little, but was offered a Bul M-5 for a similar price. If I'd buy the Bul, I'd have to get a single-stack steel frame for it, as this is what I'm really after. Is this a big problem? Does it cost much? And no, other brands are not available to me for comparable prices at this time.

Thank you for your help.

The M-5 is a good gun. BUL M-5 frames are bought by Kimber for Kimber's Polymer 1911.

Buying a single stack frame will cost almost the same as a complete gun. The BATF classifies the frame as the gun. The rest is considered "spare parts".

If you want a single stack 1911, buy a single stack 1911.

I do not live in the U.S., so the BATF can classify a single-stack frame whatever the hell they want, it does not affect me. Over here, a gun frame is a non-legislated part of a gun, requiring no premits or paperwork. It's just another spare part.

It sure is quiet here...

I hope that last post didn't come out too harsh. I just get tired of everyone on this board always assuming I live in the U.S.... :p Anyway, anyone out there with this gun? The search function came up with nothing...

I've handled one and it seems to be a quality product. I don't like polymer frame 1911s though, so it wasn't for me.

Bul M5

tony s.
I have a Bul M5 and I like it. I have shot it in local IDPA matches and have done well. It was very accurate right out of the box - very accurate! For the money and quality hard to beat. Lots of parts available to upgrade with, and US supplier is very nice and easy to talk to. I also have a Colt Gov., SIG P220, Glock 21, & Norinco 45. I prefer the Bul. Just my 2 cents.
Enjoy!
Happy New Year!

Let me put it this way for you tony.s:

The M-5 is a good gun. BUL M-5 frames are bought by Kimber for Kimber's Polymer 1911.

I typed it twice this time because it was my point the last time, but you didn't get past the BATF comment the last time.;) :p :rolleyes: :D

Back