Buffalo Arms Model 1 357 magnum derringer - parts needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester_73

So I recently bought this derringer. I felt it was a good deal for $110 OTD. I don't think its practical, but I liked it anyways. I'm hoping someone here can help me find some parts. Someone apparently removed the safety on mine. I'm not sure how the safety worked but I assume it was a manual safety so that one could carry the gun at half cock.

Does anyone have one of these or know what parts I would need?

Does anyone know where I might find parts?

Anyone know where I might find an exploded parts diagram?

The first 5 pics are of my derringer with the last 2 being of another Buffalo with the safety for a photo reference of what I am looking for.

GEDC0010.jpg

GEDC0009.jpg

GEDC0014.jpg

GEDC0012.jpg

GEDC0013.jpg

The derringers that are marked Buffalo were made in the early 1980s, small company that was located close to Buffalo N.Y. Only ten thousand were made before the company folded it's tents and faded away. Your chances of finding original parts, all I can say is I wish you luck on your quest. Sorry about that BTW 150 is a good price, I've seen them sell for a hell of a lot more.

Sorry about that BTW 150 is a good price, I've seen them sell for a hell of a lot more.

I actually got it for $110. I felt it was well worth that. Since I won't carry it, I'm not super worried about the safety issue but on the other hand, it would be nice to bring it back.

Last edited:
Interesting... The original Buffalo Arms was a military contractor in WWII making Browning air cooled machine guns. My father worked there briefly before enlisting in the U.S. Army.

Not sure if this company was using any of the old plant facilities or not. I have been away from Tonawanda since 1953.

Buffalo model 1 357 mag.

I have a model 1 buffalo 357 mag. I am trying to reach the person looking
for the part needed for the safety for his model1 . If he is still interested, i can email him a scetch for the part, with all the dimentions. highstand.

chamber selector on hammer

the piece on the hammer which selects which barrel will fire is what i need for my buffalo arms 357derringer.can anyone help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back