Buds Penny Auction Question

gilfo

Can anybody explain how this Buds Penny Auction works. I got an e-mail yesterday about one opened it up and looked at what they were offering. Saw a Berreta 22 so I said to myself what the heck I'll throw in a bid. I went to the Auto Bid Section and put in a $10.00 bid just for kicks and giggles. It had five hours left on the auction. I looked at it today and someone got it for a few dollars much less than my top bid. Did I do something wrong or is this just a come on?

As Itsa stated, you pay $1.00 to increase the bid price by a penny.

For example, if the gun was currently at $1.00, and you entered $10 worth of bids, the gun price would be at $1.10. The next sucker to pay $1.00 and bid would raise the price to $1.11.

So if the gun sold for $3.00, Bud's received $300.

I don't know how Bud's 'penny auctions' are set up or managed.

But we've discussed a few of the gun 'penny auction' places in the past, such as "Guns4Pennies" and "GunBiddler".

Here's a run-down on the former: guns4pennies.
Searching for the latter will pull that up as well.

http://pa.egunner.com/Index/Howitworks

It costs a dollar-ish to increase the bid by a penny. Typically, each bid extends the timer by a few seconds. The final bidder when the timer runs out gets to pay the low price.

Chances are, your $10 only bid up the item by a dime, but it only matters if one of those bids was the final bid.

It's arguably gambling. Probably best avoided.

Have you not seen the TV ads for Dealdash.com (I think) where they show computers for $10. (something like that) Read the fine print, it says it does not include the cost of the bid. Its just a different twist on an auction. You pay to bid.

It's more like a gambling site. When you keep bidding, you're gambling that the other bidders will drop out. Like Dealdash & Qbids.

Buds will not deal with Nassau County LI NY . They wouldn't even ship the gun to a FFL in my county. I guess we're to close to NYC.

cw308, Buds also refused to send me a gun, and i live way up in Northern Clinton county NY. The gun in Question was a Uberti Cimarron 1873 rifle in .45 colt. They said the magazine capacity (12) exceeded NY's Safe act restrictions. Tried to argue with them about it, but just got the cooperate answer "That's the policy of our Owners." So i won't be dealing with them again.

Back