Buddy Needs Help?

taylorce1

I have a buddy who frequents these forums, who is about to receive a M96 Mauser. It needs a barrel replaced and he has the barrel. Anyone on here a Smith willing to tackle the job of re-barreling and cutting a chamber to 6.5X55?

I tried sending a PM to a regular who I know who has done work with small ring intermediate actions before. However he hasn't been on since the 5th. So if anyone is willing to tackle this job or know someone who will please feel free to contact me.

Several shops have chosen to refuse work on pre-98 Mausers. I realize the M-96 is considered an exception but I don't make their work policies.
I COULD send you the contact of the shop that butched up my simple re-chamber job--he needs all the work he can get to help recover the cost of his do-over.

he is just being carefull

I would think taking in one of those from a gunsmith point of view would be Forest Gumps box of chocolates who knows what you might get.
bb

My buddies preferd Smith won't touch pre-98 Mauser actions. It' that Smith's right to do so, and he's probably doesn't need the extra work anyway. However, it's going back to the original cartridge so it shouldn't be a big deal for most gunsmiths to do.

Action and barrel has been hand delivered to a local gunsmith who regularly works on these type of jobs....3 week turn around.....oh Yeah!!!!!

Back