Buckshot loads?

ZVP

Today Bass Pro's didn't have any 20 ga Buckshot loads!
Had slugs tho.
Plenty of 12 ga Buckshot also slugs.
The 20 ga is a fine HD Shotgun but the ammo sure is hard to find!
I have been successful ordering it on line, but you need to shop around!
Last time I orderd some, there was a 5 box limit.
Plenty of 12 ga around though!

I bought a .33 cal RB mold (also a 1 oz slug mold) and make my own.

I use Win AA hulls, AA wads and get 9 pellets in the shell witch is 1 oz. Suckers shoot great, and work well in my guns.

Load both on my Mec 600 Jr press in both 12 & 20 ga.

My next goal is to make my own bird shot. Just drill holes in the bottom of a coffee can the size of the shot you want, heat the can until the lead melts and let it drip into water.

Never worry about finding ammo. Plus half the fun in shooting is being able to produce your own ammo.

Kraig:
Just drill holes in the bottom of a coffee can the size of the shot you want, heat the can until the lead melts and let it drip into water.

I make my own shot. Size #7.5......the holes in the drippers are WAY smaller than the actual size of the shot. For #7.5 shot (0.094" dia.) you will have a dripper hole of about 0.026" (a #68-70 drill).
Drop the shot into anti-freeze or a solution of water and fabric softener...the drop from hole to the surface of the coolant should be about 1/2". A tilted baffle plate directly under the drippers helps to maintain roundness. The drops drip onto the plate and then roll off into the coolant. When running optimally, the dripping shot appears to be a nearly solid stream...it is not.

Pete

Back