Buckmark Sights

zanthope

I bought a Buckmark Camper 22LR at the Dayton, Oh gunshow yesterday. It is SWEEEEEEET. Does anyone know a source for outline or colored dot sights for this critter?

I`ve never seen sights like that for the Buckmark. I often paint the front sights on my guns bright orange though. It does basically the same thing and it`s cheap. Marcus

I've got a nickel Buckmark that I enjoy shooting. I never found any colored sights, so I bought a Weaver style scope mount and put on a Tasco Pro Point red dot scope. Lotsa fun but in my experience with three Buckmarks, the screws eventually work loose - despite doses of blue Loctite. The mount is available several places but I got it directly from B-Square. Good shooting!

I have a Buckmark and the screws are driving me nuts!!!! Loctite is a waste of time. Suggestions? I like the gun but the screws are driving me to distraction. The slide also fails to lock open on the last round in the mag. Same problem?

Interesting. I`ve had 2 Buckmarks and never a problem with the screws at all. No Loctite required,I just made sure not to loose the lock washers on the sight rail screws. My current Buckmark is a Micro nickle SE,what a sweetheart! :) Marcus

Waitone-
I do have the same problem with the slide not locking back on my target model buckmark. I ran a good amount of ammo through it to "break it in." I tried different ammo, new magazine, and had the gunsmith re-adjust the grips. Same thing. Seems every other time the slide will not lock back after the last round. Grrrr.

Don't get me wrong...

I really love my Buckmark, but the problems with the screws is one big PITA. I bought new lock washers - didn't help. What's really a pain is that I have to remove the scope to tighten down the screws, remount the scope and resight.

And another thing, could they have made it more difficult to operate the slide?

Despite it's foilbles, I still enjoy shooting it! Go figure.

Browning Buckmark

I have a new Buckmark Challenge Micro that is superbly accurate. It is a great value for the money. I too wanted sights that were more visible, so I painted the top half of the front sight bright orange. I've found that a base coat of white enamel, followed by a coat of orange, and then two coats of clear lacquer holds up pretty well. I have other gun sights I've painted this way that are still visible for two years. Looks like some of the replacement sight manufacturers would wake up and offer good, visible replacement sights for a host of guns. Good Shooting, CoyDog

Back