Buckmark cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beorn

Inactive
I just took my Buckmark Challenge to the range today for the first time and had a *blast*. Being a newbie to the sport, I feel like this was an an excellent pistol choice. Where can a person find out how to field strip this gun for cleaning, and how often? I put 500 rounds through it today without any misfires or problems. Used various brands of ammo like I was told, and found that CCI Stingers seemed to do better for me. It's obvious that this little gun can shoot far better than I was capable of today.

Yep, great gun ain't it? :)
The instructions should be in the manual. But, anyway, remove the two screws holding the rear sight base and remove it. The slide and recoil springs can now be lifted off the frame. Pay attention to the small plastic dingus on the spring guide as it only fits one way. Remove the screw under the barrel in the front of the frame and the barrel will lift right out. You can remove the grip panels to get to the rest of the innards.

For normal cleaning, I don't do this. I just carefully clean the bore from the muzzle end and give the breach a good brushing. I just don't like to take screws out too often as it tends to loosen them up. I generally strip the gun and give it a real serious scrubing about once a year. I've never had any problems doing it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back