Buck Mark pistol container

tmolik

I attached a HALO On my new New Buck Mark pistol. Now it will not fit in its carry container. Any suggestion on how to fit in the container.

And what container are you talking about? If it's the plastic case it came with you're SOL I'm afraid.

To Rut. It’s the case it came in. I’ll try to use a Dremel and cut out a small notch so the HALO will slightly stick out. What do you think. ???

I store most of my handguns in gunsocks that are treated with silicone to help keep out moisture. IMO this is better than the cases most handguns come in (I save most cases). You can find gunsocks of different sizes and they stretch, so you should be able to find one of appropriate size at Midway, Brownell’s, etc.

BTW, welcome to the forum

Buy a case that will fit. ...

To Rut. It’s the case it came in. I’ll try to use a Dremel and cut out a small notch so the HALO will slightly stick out. What do you think. ???
Keep the "container" as is, retain the Halo and buy a generic "case" that will accommodate your assembly. That way, you retain the original container if you ever want to sell your handgun. Take care and good luck ....... :)

Be Safe !!!

What Pahoo said. Nobody really keeps their guns in the case it came in, but you want to retain it in its natural form for when the time comes that you sell it. (and that day will come) And be sure and retain all the paperwork, manuals etc., as they all add up when it comes time to sell. And there you have it! :-)

Put it in a gunsock.
Store it in a safe.
Buy a lockbox.
Obtain a pistol rug.

Original plastic cases are not got for anything but stacking guns on pallets with minimal damage.

I store several of my pistols in the plastic cases they came in. The good ones latch securely, seal reasonably well, and protect the pistol. Some even allow for a padlock if you have a reason for doing so.

My others are mostly stored in pistol cases or rugs.

Socks are fine, but only for the gun itself. If you've got tools, spare mag, paperwork, etc, a box is better.

Are you storing it in a safe? In the closet? Sock drawer?

If storing in a safe - I also use the treated gun socks - they work well.

If you are talking about a case to stop it in and use to carry to the range, etc. - then look for a brief case. You used to be able to buy what amounted to an aluminum briefcase at Harbor Freight (nd other laces) that had a foam interior for holding tools, instruments, etc. IIRC, I bought one from HF years ago for around $20 - probably much more now. You could cut the foam to fit your pistol and still have plenty of room to carry/store ammo, cleaning rod, etc. Or buy a piece of foam that you can fit to a chip brief case and custom cut it to fit the pistol and whatever you want to keep with it.

Nabt soirtubg goods stores/mail order also carry zippered padded pistol cases - you can find them on feabay as well. I use them as well to store larger cap and ball revolves in my safe and to transport.

Welcome to the forum!

Icing on the cake. ....

I once bought a S&W revolver and the seller made it a big point of stating that it came in the original bow. Well is was not the riginal box and I did get a good deal on the revolver. I then sold the "blue" S&W carboard box and got a good price for it. The seller wasn't paying attention ....... :rolleyes:

Be Safe !!!

You could go to a local grocery store or Target and get a suitably sized food container. I'd get one big enough to allow the pistol to be wrapped in a small towel for padding. Light, durable, and water proof. I use them for ammo.

Attachments

• container.jpg
    container.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 19
Back