BT99 Barrel Swap

Bake

I have an old BT w/ about +50,000 rounds thru it.

It has a 34" fixed chock (full), I would like to keep it for shooting from the "parking lot", and add a 32" w/ interchangeable chocks, for the 16 yard line.

I guess my question is, "Can I just buy an used barrel and drop it in the action, or will I have to have someone fit it for me?"

I'm hope it will just drop right in, after all, it is a Browning, and a BT at that...

Barrel

The answer, as I was told when I asked a similar question is: "Maybe....it depends..." Or "you might get lucky". Buy the barrel and see, you might get lucky. If not, you are no worse off than otherwise if you send it to be fitted.
Pete

Most BT-99 barrels will probably fit and lock up ...but you should really have a decent gunsmith check the fit to make sure its ok ( and make sure the forend as well as the receiver to the barrel connection are fitting correctly )...

I don't think a BT-100 barrel will fit the receiver on the BT-99...
------------
so no, I do not think every Browning single barrel --- for a break open action -- will fit a BT-99 receiver properly .....

Jag,
From the website, it looks like Art does A-5's mostly, but will keep him in mind.

Jim,
Hope you are right.

Dream,
I have an aftermarket High Rib (1") on the 34" barrel, and I have it dialed in for the 26 Yd line. My Rule #1 is: If you like it, and it works well...DON'T SCREW WITH IT....:)

Back