BSA Scopes, any good?

HighGround

Inactive
Are BSA scopes any good for the price, or are they a waste of money? Will I get what I paid for? I was mainly looking at a Contender, I don't know if they lose their zero or not or are affected by recoil. They have nice bright lenses. What about wind/elev return to zero adjustments? Are they waterproof? Thanks.

While I don't use them myself and I don't know if the place I've heard most of what I've heard about would be applicable to your use on a Contender...

Here goes...

I run what is basically a `standalone' BBS (Yep! I'm a `Dinosaur'! {GRIN!}) and I carry a whole bunch of the FidoNet `Echoes'. The `relevant?' one is the Airgun Echo. It seems that just about everyone that posts there uses them and with *very few* `exceptions' (And from what *I* can tell *most* of the `exceptions' are either just plain `nit-picking' or are people who just love to `play' with their scopes to either try and `upgrade?' them or `personalize' them. {GRIN!}) they are very well liked and very `competitive' in features and durability. (And in the `durability' sense it means that they can hold up to the `rather strange?' recoil effects of airguns. Especially what they call `springers'. [Yep! I *haven't* *yet* gotten any `exotic' airguns but just may one of these days so I tend to keep archives to try and keep myself from ending up in `deep doo doo' when I do. {WAN GRIN!}]) The 2 that *I* have had the pleasure of *holding* seemed to be very well made and also seem to `reflect' what I have read in the echo. Like all other brands and their assorted models you *do* `get what you paid for' is also the consensus among the echo members and the two I examined seem to `follow' right `in line'. (I would expect that, like all other manufacturers, they probably have their share of `disposa' models but as long as one doesn't go rediculously cheap and carefully chooses `features' and other such one would be OK.)

Back