BSA Monarch

Hello, I own a bsa monarch 7mm rem. mag. in a bolt action. On the bolt there is a part called a rib clip, this clip holds a rib to the bolt alowing smooth action. The clip has broken leaving the rifle almost useless. Can you or any one tell me where i can get parts for this gun. It is a real nice gun and hate to have to banish it to the closet.
Thanks (i will keep my fingers crossed)

Since the BSA Monarch action is basically a Mauser 98, I would see if a Mauser 98 extractor collar fits.

It has been a long time since I have seen one of those, but I don't think Marc is talking about the extractor collar. If unable to locate the part, I would check with a gunsmith or a machineshop as most parts can be made. Of course, the cost is high, but that is a high quality rifle and could be worth the extra expense.

Jim

its on the bolt or extractor, if i had the spring we maybe able to make one. a gun shop tried to make one but not having anything but the bolt made it hade and it did not last. that is why it is important to find one
thanks

i called about the stripped bolt but they could not tell me if the part i wanted was still attached or not, They also would not take any digital pics to send me either, not worth spending $100 to find out.
Thanks

BSA Monarch / BSA CF2

With the type of action you describe ie a bolt guide clipped onto the bolt .... I think you have a BSA CF2 which was the successor to the Monarch action.

This link should help you identify which model BSA you have:-

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...x6nLCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result

I have a BSA Monarch in 7mm Rem Mag - my only complaints are that the barrel is too short for the calibre and the trigger could be better. It has been an accurate rifle although recently accuracy has suffered from throat erosion - accuracy has been restored after using Tubb's Final Finish, an excellent product.

Does anybody know of a quality aftermarket trigger available to fit the BSA Monarch/CF2 ?

golspie15

Back