BSA Bolt Action?

Mr.X

It was early to mid 1980's...Colo. Spgs....handled a BSA bolt action....the caliber?....I don't remember...larger than a .22 rimfire. Had the slickest action I had ever seen for a bolt gun. Never bought it. Been looking ever since....but I am under the impression that BSA only made .22 rimfire. I have been unable find anything used... in a larger caliber. Was I dreaming? Did BSA make larger calibers? This was a new gun. Been kicking myself ever since....shoulda...coulda woulda..... :(

Yes, BSA (Birmingham Small Arms) made their bolt action rifles in quite a few calibres. They were very good rifles, the several that I shot back in the '60s and '70s. I maight be wrong about htis, but I think that Herter's rifles were BSA (??) I know several people who had Herter's in several calibres and loved them.

Don't know if BSA is still in business or not. I haven't heard anything about them in quite a while. Given the fact that Great Britain has become, for all practical purposes, a Marxist state under their Comrade Premeire Tony Blairskiev, I imagine that almost any arms company in England would have a very rough go at staying in business. JMHO. J.B.

I've seen the occasional distributor's ad in Shotgun News, offering them for sale. My recollection has it that the prices seemed quite reasonable.

FWIW, Art

Back