Bryco 380

GaryED50

Just picked up this little semi-auto
IMG-0170.png

IMG-0168.png

IMG-0169.png

$99 out the door

Gary

I’ll admit to a secret desire to buy a Jennings or a Phoenix in .22lr, just to have one and see how they shoot. Have you had a chance to shoot that Bryco yet?

Last edited:
I've read people have had Jimenez 9mm's last a few thousand rounds, so it's not like you can't get a decent life out of these "Ring of Fire" guns, but for not much more you can get a gun with a way better longevity and warranty.

This Bryco looks like it's been beat to crap, it wasn't even worth the time to fill out a 4473.

the Raven .25acp and Jennings .22lr are some sleepers as far as reliability goes.
The Raven, yes, the only issue I have had was a stovepipe on the last round, but I think that's a magazine issue. The Jennings .22... no experience, but when things like the Phoenix .22 are in production and spare parts/mags are easily available (and cheap) it's hard for me to say there's any better semi .22 out there under $150.

It's very important that if you plan to use that gun for self-defense, you shoot at least a few magazines full of the ammo that you plan to use before you put it "on duty".

I wouldn't make that my first gun, but every collection needs at least one like that. I have a couple of Jennings 22s. If SHTF I'll trade them for some steaks.

I'm sorry.

My buddy (briefly) owned a Bryco 9mm.

It would fire the first round in the magazine right to the point of aim every single time.

And then it might choke on every single remaining round in the magazine.

Except, creatively so. I'm talking every possible variant of failure to fire, feed, extract, and eject. Light strikes, striker follow, the casing left in the chamber, double feeds, stovepipes, maybe ejecting a live round. Or, it might just drop the magazine. Or, the recoil impulse would activate the takedown button and the slide would half pop off.

Might be good for malfunction practice, I guess. Just don't drop it.

The 22's and 25's seem tobe OK, the 380's and 9mm tend to crack the frame. Do a search and check .....be safe

Do not feed it Euro or +P ammo...EVER! They are made out of Pot Metal and are notorious for frame and slide cracks. If you are unlucky it will crack and then fail during the same magazine.

I had one just like that. It shot and worked fine but chewed up the top of my thumb when the slide cycled. Hopefully it will clear your hand when you shoot it.

Love shooting the small barrel guns. LCR22 is my favorite, but these two semi's have been great. I like them and they shoot better than many of the much higher priced 22 cals. I own.

Phoenix HPA's. I can get excellent accuracy in fast shooting with them. Very nice trigger and sights. Worth every single penny I put into them.
My first one, I bought as a fluke. My LGS had a sale going on. buy a gun, get half off membership at the range. Saw the Little Phoenix for sale which at the time 10 yrs ago was $85.00. Turned out to be a winner deal for me.
And they love standard velocity ammo. No choking or need for High Velocity.
Extremely reliable. Parts, like magazines etc. are cheap and a lifetime warranty. with great customer service.

SUs2D0h.jpg

Its mostly a range toy for me. I was a little surprised though that the Ammo is a little pricey $18 - $20 for 50 rounds

Gary

Bryco is very close to the bottom of the barrel in firearms manufacture and priced accordingly. We collected bunches from bad guys during the eighties and before destroying them had fun trying to find one that was reliable enough to get through a mag or two, they also make the oddest colors of smoke when hit by a torch....stink too.

Back