Browning?

SCHENGE

Inactive
I just recently Acquired a Browning highpower silverchrome 9mm.... I have shot about 100 rounds thorugh it and am fairly happy......Anyone have any ideas or thoughts about this hand gun..I am interested.....

Do a search on the Browning Hi-Power on this forum.....that should satisfy you!

I allso have a silver chrome ....LOVE it.

Congratulations on your purchase. The Silver Chrome is one of those guns that was made to inspire pride of ownership.

I believe that Browning made Silver Chromes in two production runs, one in the early or mid 80's and one currently. I have one of the earlier Silver Chromes, and, figuring it needed a brother, recently asked my dealer to order a current one for me. None of his distributors had them. I hope that Browning makes more of them available. But I suspect that the Silver Chrome will soon become a sought-after thing of the past.

Like George said...
You purchased one of the very best handguns ever made. A timeless classic just as viable today as it was 65yrs ago.

I purchased my 1st HP, a used MKIII, several months back. Had Kurt Wickmann do his magic to it, although all it really needed was a trigger job and better sights.

Bought my 2nd HP, NIB Standard model, about 2 weeks ago. It even came with 2 factory 13rd'ers! Had several others also.

Pistols like your HP and 1911s, sleek and sexy designs with beautiful metal work and wooden grips, give their owners pride in not only their beauty but also in the reliabiltity and accuracy built into their designs.
Thank you JMB!

I got my silver-chrome in the early 90's.

It came with dull finished mags with rubber pachmayr bumpers.

When's the last time you saw *that* version of Browning HP hicaps for sale ??

Back