Browning xbolt

mnhunter3030

anybody have a newer xbolt? I have a savage axis I'm looking to unload and wondered if the quality of the xbolt is worth the price, ive been drooling :p over the xbolt medallion in particular, in lefty 3006. Are you pleased with your xbolt?

I bought my wife the X-Bolt Micro Midas version in .308 (shorter stock for children. My wife is 4'11"). Great gun!! Extremely well put together, lightweight and the trigger is match grade right out of the box. The trigger is almost too light for her since she's not used to light triggers. The bolt is butter smooth too. We haven't had a chance to stretch it's legs past 100 yards yet though, but so far it's about 1" MOA at 100 yards.

mnhunter3030 I have the xbolt eclipse hunter in 7-08 and after breaking it in (some do some dont believe in break in) and I do reload I am putting 3 in the same hole at 100 yds. The trigger is very nice and it breaks at 3 lbs, personally I prefer a Timney but they dont make one for the x bolt yet. The bolt is very smooth and it feeds smoothly from the detachable magazine. I have hunted black bears with my 7-08 but have yet to get a shot. I truly believe it is pleny of cartridge to take a black bear. I will add, my xbolt is not fussy to what it shoots either, 120gr noslers to 140 gr sierra boat tails the groups are dime size. Different point of impact by a few inches vertically of course. Havent shot anything heavier than 140's and probably never will. Thats my opinion in a nutshell.

I have an x bolt white gold Medallion in .223 and it is BEAUTIFUL. It's my favorite trigger I've ever pulled.

Unfortunately I don't find myself shooting if often and have actually been trying to sell it. It's expensive safe queen.

Would you take a right handed model in .223? :p

My brother has an xbolt in .375 HH with a leupold vx 3 on it. He loves it. It's easily a 1/2 MOA gun with his hand loads and he didn't try very hard to get that accuracy.

My brother in law has an xbolt in .300wm that he also likes very much and uses exclusively for hunting.

I consider the Xbolt a couple tiers above the Savage axis. While a bit different, they are in the ballpark with my Winchester Model 70 Super Grade in terms of quality and accuracy ..(and both made by the same company I might add as browning firearms owns Winchester now)

If you like the look, and feel, I wouldn't hesitate. Also, browning/Winchester has outstanding customer service. I sent in a rifle where the wood stock had warped (damn Mississippi humidity) and they fitted a new stock and sent it back in 3 weeks.... can't beat that.

Pleased with my X Bolt in 223. Pretty wood and blue plus it shoots lights out. Quality firearm.

.02. David. :)

mnhunter3030 wrote:
...anybody have a newer xbolt?

There's somebody on this forum right now talking about not being able to sell an X-bolt. You might want to look that thread over and PM him. Could be a lucky day for both of you.

I had a xbolt hunter in .270 win.After only 60 rounds the last 4 inches of rifling had some odd wear.I sent it into browning,they replaced the entire rifle.They replaced it with a xbolt hells canyon speed in .308 win.The new rifle is at the gun store under 10 day California waiting period.Brownings customer service and turn around time was excellent.They stand behind there product.I plan on adding a hells canyon long range in .300 win mag next year.

I have an X-Bolt Medallion micro in .243win and i guess ive had it 2yrs. Ive only took it to the range twice and fired a total of 25-30 rounds so i dont have a ton of experience with it. I do know from the 1st shots out of the box, cleaning between each shot mind you, its grouped well. Most of the groups were 1/2"-3/4"(most around 3/4") with one ammo shooting a little over an inch. Should only get better as the barrel breaks in.

Its a pretty rifle, made well, and handles great. Nice and light, so the fact that it shoots so well to boot is why i let it live in the safe even though i dont ever use it. Like others have said the action is smooth as silk just like Brownings always are. The trigger, although it has a terrific break, "like a glass rod", was really heavy. I adjusted it down, actually took the screw all the way out and for some reason was still a little over 5lbs. So i took it down and did a trigger job on it. Right now its around 2.5lbs-2.75lbs and will probably wear down a bit more when i use it, and still has that solid break.

Id recommend it for sure.

Back