Browning Superposed ID Help

irishguy

Inactive
I own a Browning Superposed in 12 ga., 28" Barrel length, Mod/Imp chokes and according to Browning s/n, was mfg. in 1957. (s/n #582XX)

My question is this:

Is there any information that is available out there to find out specifically what date my shotgun was actually produced? Or would I have any success writing to Browning?

Thank you all.

Browning has a feature on their Website (www.browning.com) called "Date My Gun" which may be accessed via the "Services" tab (located toward the top of the page). Click on this and you can drill down to information for your specific Browning model. Unfortunately, they list only the year of manufacture for any given range of serial numbers.

If your Superposed is a standard production model, then this may be as close as you will get to determining the actual "date" of manufacture. On the other hand, if it was manufactured as a custom order, then you may be able to determine for whom it was produced and the date it was shipped from the factory. A call or e-mail to Browning should resolve this question.

The Superposed was introduced in 1931 and continued in production until 1986. It is still available today via Browning's Custom Shop.

Good luck, and good shooting!

Browning Superposed ID Help?

Thanks Hunter for responding to my post. Yes, my Browning is the Standard Superposed so I guess it wouldn't qualify as Custom. Thanks for the info though.

JF

Back