Browning SA22

mysilvstang

Inactive
Hello all, I am looking for help in trying to find out what year Browning SA22 I have is. The rifle was handed down to us by my father in law. It has the number T65036 on the end of the load rod, but could not find another number on the barrel. I do believe it is a grade 1 with the wheel site. I would really like to know the year as I plan on passing it on to my son and would just like him to have all the info. Thank you to all in advance for any info you can provide. For what research I have done it may be somewhere in the late 1950's to early 1960's and would just like to narrow it down.

Are there any numbers in front of the T in your serial number? I have two of the sweet little Browning SA22's and one has a lower serial number than yours but has a 69 before the T. I have been told this one was manufactured in 1969. With the much desired wheel sight, I suspect your rifle is older than mine.

lamarw, There are no numbers in front of the T. the rifle is in really good shape as it was rarely used. My father in law is up in age, and he doesn't remember when he purchased it. I have done some research and it seems some have numbers before the letter and some don't. Trying to figure this out has been confusing LOL. Also depending on the year, my son is wondering if it is a rifle to just save and talk about or start using it LOL.

Post war production of the SA22 started again in 1956. T stands for 22LR. From 1960 on, they started using the last digit of the year as the first number, IIRC. If that is accurate, just a T at the start of the serial number would indicate 1956-1959 production.

Back