browning hi power israeli contract

kashmir

Inactive
i am thinking of buying one. I love browning designs and i admire cz 75. would you folks be kind enough to give any inputs on browning israeli contract.

The Israeli guns are a good basis to build up a fine pistol. They need refinishing, but some folks have done that using the Brownell's moly coat with good results. AIM Surplus no longer lists them on their site, so I would assume that they are out. Where did you find them?

I got one from AIM. I was very happy with mine . Came with two 12 round mags, a IWB Fobus holster and a mag pouch. It looks somewhat beat up but I love it. I don't think I'm going to do anything to it. I was considering having it refinished but have changed my mine for the time being. I think its original form has character. Its very accuate and utterly reliable. If I do anything to it, it would be new sights and thats only because I like night sights. I paid 299.99 for mine. thats the best deal I've ever got on a pistol of this quality.
Daddycat

I got one of the AIM guns. In fact I got one of the last AIM guns. I paid $275 and am tickled pink. As has been written many times, mine looks like hell but shoots great. The "insides" are close to new. As I posted elsewhere I just ordered a Bar-Sto barrel for mine. I also got a C&s hammer, sear, trigger, extended slide stop, and an extended safety. I am leaving the finish alone (and mine is bad). I love to shoot rings around a gun snob with something that looks like crap. Call it a sleeper.

By the way, if you know where to get anymore of these surplus Hi-Powers please get back to me. I want at least one more.

Call AIM. I heard they`re getting more.

Well worth the money. The only thing I would change to carry it would be the safety. Too small and I`m left handed. The Isrealis carried in condition 3 so the safety didn`t matter to them.

These guns were meant to be used! Some guys have said on another board that the floor plates on the mags are kind of bent. Mine are fine but one guy took his mags apart and said he found hair. Think about it.:eek: I wish mine could talk.:)

you can still buy from http://www.empirearms.com. he sells nothing but better than hand picked stuff. i think he is selling for 350 friend of mine bought the gun that belonged to commander as it had a flourescent pant and the shooter must have been left handed as the color was no the rt side of the grip posteriorly. beautiful gun with IWB and mag holder and two 13 rnd mag excellent condition.

Depends on what you plan to do with it - if you want an excellent shooter for recreational use, plan to carry the gun unmodified in condition 3, are buying the gun as the base gun for extensive custom work, or you are capable of doing most gunsmithing tasks on a Hi-Power yourself then I think the Israeli surplus Hi-Powers are the way to go. The ones I have seen are in excellent mechanical condition with minimal use.

However, if you need to make minor modifications to the gun, the combination of shipping charges to and from the gun smith and cost for gunsmithing will soon make it just as expensive as a new Hi-Power. I just did a cost run-down on the Israeli surplus Hi-Powers sold by AIM. It is over at http://www.fnhipower.com/

Back