Browning Hi-Power 9mmP

jdstone

I want to get a Glock 21 so something has to go.

I have a Browning Hi-Power that I would like to sell, but have no idea of a "real-world" fair market price. I would appreciate your honest input.

S/N: T181943
Cal: 9mmP
Made by: Browning Arms Co, St Louis Mo & Montreal
Made in: Belgium
Mag: 2 HiCap (13rnds)
Grips: Stock Walnut & Hogue
Sights: Fixed
Finish: Blued (like new)
Condition: Excellent (fired about 100 rnds)
------------------------

Estimated fair market value--selling price??

--John

I was pricing HPs a couple of weeks ago, to make sure that the lead I had on a .40 MkIII was a good one (It was - I bought it). I did not see a used HP for under $495, and that one was a MkIII with one mag and sort of a mess. I saw a couple of Belgians for sale (there was a gun show in town that I ran by) in condition inferior to yours (as described), and they were both priced at $595 (again, one mag. only).

You might ask this question over at http://www.fnhipower.com/ to hear what the serious BHP guys think.

Good luck, and have fun with the Glock!

I bought a Hi-Power about 6 weeks ago for $600. Made in the early 70's, all Belgian manufacture, 98% condition, with only one hi-cap magazine. I'm very satisfied with the purchase. I don't usually step up to the soapbox, but I think you'll miss that Hi-Power if you let it go. I have a Glock 21 and it is an excellent firearm, but it has none of the style and grace of the Browning. You'll probably HATE me for saying this, but my advice (advice you didn't ask for) would be to save up for that G21 instead. My G21 is a factory-reconditioned ex-Police gun, indistinguishable from new except for the $150 lower price. I've sold 4 Hi-Powers in the past, and have always regretted it. This one's a darling and I'll never let it go. Just a little more than 2 cents...Hope I didn't stir your pot too much- I'm sure you'll be fine either way you go.
vanfunk

Hmmm, you got me thinking...

vanfunk wrote:
I bought a Hi-Power about 6 weeks ago for $600. Made in the early 70's, all Belgian manufacture, 98% condition, with only one hi-cap magazine. I'm very satisfied with the purchase. I don't usually step up to the soapbox, but I think you'll miss that Hi-Power if you let it go.

---------------

This does give me something to think about. I have just had the Hi-Power setting in a case for years. For my life, I have to go with the big dawgs (45ACP), so I have not needed it al all.

Yes, this does give me a pause to think...

JD,

I agree with vanfunk. Keep that Belgian Browning. I bought a Nickel Hi-Power in 1986 and it is still beautiful. I will never let it go. I love the way Brownings look and nothing fits your hand better.

I guess its all location, here in tidewater, Va I won't touch even the nicest Belgian for over 450. I see around 400 a bit. Of course not too many are for sale, their owners are smarter than that.

I have purchased three Hi-Powers in the last six months. The first was one of the AIM FN guns which was very well used by the Israeli army. Made in 1991 it cost $275. It came with two mags and a leather mag pouch manufactured by Foubus. The second was a Hi-Power Practical in perfect condition. It was made in 1991 and was marked Made in Belgium, Assembled in Portugal. I think I paid $550, but it was part of a two gun deal so I don't remember what the original price was. It came with two mags. The last one is a Blue model with adjustable sights. It also in perfect condition and is marked Made in Belgium. It came with a Browning zippered case, a Browning Holster and two mags. I paid $450 for it.

Back