Browning Hi Power 9mm

My friend has a Hi Power and showed it to me last week. It hadn't been cleaned in years since it belonged to his late younger brother. So I took the slide off to get at the barrel and noticed that the trigger lever was loose and it came out in my hand. Tried to get it back in for him but it just wouldn't go. So, took the trigger pin out and after looking at a You Tube video got it back in but it just wouldn't stay and was loose again and came out. We didn't know what to do, both parts look ok but when the lever was put in the hole it seemed to not fit correctly. What to do now?

If I remember right, the lever is held in by the trigger spring. It has a long arm that aims towards the back of the trigger, from where it coils around the trigger spring pin.

Thanks for the reply. We tried that but it seems that the trigger lever will not stay in the hole on the trigger. We'll try a new trigger and trigger lever and see if that is the cure for the problem.

The lever has a small pin or stud that fits into a C shaped partial hole. If it's spread apart, or broke, the hole will look U shaped slot, and that means you need a new trigger. The ears at the top of the hole have to curve toward each other at the top, like a set of bull horns, making a C shape. The spring lays in the notch on the lever, if I remember right.

Thanks for the info'. Yes, I see the 'C' and the stud does fit into the C shaped hole. But ,the problem is that the stud ,for whatever reason, cannot move freely as if out of round? After being placed into the slot and attaching the spring, it comes loose. Another thing is that after putting it together, the trigger lever point is above the body and so the slide cannot go rearward. Another trigger and lever have been ordered from Midway, we'll see what happens with the new parts.Any other helpful info' will be greatly appreciated.

When slipping the trigger and lever assembly into the frame you will find the two coming apart before the trigger pin can be lined up with the frame. Use masking tape or electrical tape to hold the trigger and lever together. once the trigger pin is started the tape can be pulled out of the way. HTH
Best,
Rob

Back