Browning giving up too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob B

Inactive
Word has it Browning is discontinuing all handgun sales to the public. Might be a good time to pick up a buckmark or hi-power before they really skyrocket. I heard this from a friend that works for the rifle dept. it's just a rumor floating around the plant at this point, we'll see what happens.

Rob B,

I've seen a similar post on another board last week. It said they were dropping the Hi-Power due to low sales, but would continue the Buckmark.

Joe

------------------
Go NRA

Rob,
I heard the same, so last week I bought my first Hi-Power 9mm. I was pleasantly surprised, the Hi-Power shot great, 150 rounds and no malfunction, the recoil was very mild, the workmanship was pretty good. It's a keeper, I plan to shoot it in IDPA matches.

Yesterday I asked my dealer if he'd heard anything about the discontinuation of the Hi-Power. He had not. However, he said that two weeks ago he tried to special order a MK III for a customer and was unable to find one at any of his wholesalers. He speculated that discontinuation would certainly be one explanation for why the Hi-Powers seem to be drying up.

Anyway, I was sorry when Browning discontinued the A-5. I'll be even sorrier if the Hi-Power goes, too.

Bad news confirmed....

I spoke with my gun store today. His rep called him last week to give him the bad news. My guy ordered 20 different Hi-Powers; everything he could get. God I hate to see these guys giving in to terrorism. But, that did NOT stop me from bringing that new Hi-Power Capitan home and putting it in the safe.

Really took a lot of the joy out of a new gun to know I was forced into buying it. :(

------------------
Bubba
IDPA# A04739
====
It is long been a principal of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully. - Jeff Cooper

Browning has a note posted on their website stating the HP will continue to be available thru the year 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back