Browning Citori

kharter

Inactive
My dad had a client who had not been able to keep up with payments and he had offered us a Browning Citori. I Have never been into over under shotguns because there price range is just to high it seemed so i had always been a pump shotgun kind guy. We said we were interested in it but not knowing much on the gun or over under's i did not know. We are primarily dove hunters and also clay shooters rarely do we waterfowl hunt but it comes up from time to time. not sure if this shot gun is one to add to the collection or use as a work horse.

Last edited:
Please note that the Browning is just like all guns and will need service from time to time.

Last I can recall it's in the area of about 250,000 rounds.

Please note that the Browning is just like all guns and will need service from time to time.

Last I can recall it's in the area of about 250,000 rounds.

Actually, mine needed new springs and firing pins at 90,000. Now approaching 300,000, it hasn't needed anything since..............;)

Dont know model number or anything but i have some pictures of .

Attachments

• Citori 1.jpeg
    Citori 1.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Citori 2.jpeg
    Citori 2.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Citori 4.jpeg
    Citori 4.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 43

It depends upon how much ($$$) the client owes - that gun's worth about $1100 used/retail w/warranty.

Last edited:
Got to agree with petahw, it really depends on how much he owes your dad. If he owes $100,000 i'd make him pay and go out and buy a whole bunch of citoris.

Last edited:
It's a field grade Citori.....look at the current Lightning models...

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?fid=008B&cid=013&tid=461

For a gun in 3" chambers it lists for $ 1989 and is selling new in my area for around $ 1,700.
--------
The used value on the gun you're looking at is in the range of $ 900 - $1,200 ....and value will depend on any handling marks, condition inside receiver and barrels.
----------
They're solid work horse guns....most of the Citori's, even this entry level gun....should give you a 500,000 shell trouble free life with no issues ....

This field model in the Citori line of guns ( they're are about 29 models of the Citori now - with the upper level models selling new at around $ 3,000 )....but the field model like this has remained virtually unchanged since the mid 1980's ..../ all of the Citori line of guns give you a lot of gun for the money, in my view !

Back