Browning Citori XT Unsingle Combo

....and I don't want one either.... :confused:

( what the heck do I need with another Trap gun ....when I don't shoot the two I have much now ....)....

But you should buy one, in case I need to borrow it when I'm in town ...:D

Call Kolar....have a full set of tubes made for it ..../ they'll make a .410 set for you....( that .410 will sharpen up your Trap scores....add a little degree of difficulty !! ---- or make you so sad you'll cry yourself to sleep )....

I'm not man enough to shoot the .410 ... ! ( it causes me to whimper and cry )...:(

If I shoot a 410 it would have to be like a double double, with 4 barrels that all go off at once, if I am to have a chance of dusting a target. As is I am getting introduced to sporting clays this morning and from what I have heard I will be lucky to hit half the birds - and that is with a full 1-1/8 in the 12 gauge.

i have had good luck at SC,s with a citori 12ga with 26 inch barrels,i have worked up to 39-50 so far. and that is good for me as i,m just so damn slow, the same thing with skeet 18-25. i,m pretty good at trap as its a slow game. eastbank.

That is pretty much me, Eastbank. While I have been told that I am fast, I shoot late due to over thinking and that causes me to think I am slow. I have had to shoot an IM for trap, due to how far out my breaking point lays, until recently when I went to a modified. Still, a shooting buddy says my breking point is too far out. Dreaming loading up to sample Sporting Clays at Triple B Clays.

It all takes practice -- and sound fundamentals guys !!

These days I'm in the low 90's on Skeet and Trap ....and usually in the low 80's on sporting clays..../ and its not about shooting 1 1/8 oz loads at 1300 fps either.....its about "feel"...reading targets, consistent stance, good mount, good fundamentals shooting sustained lead most of the time....

In a 12 ga I never shoot more than a 1 oz load at 1225 fps....in 20ga 7/8 oz at 1200 fps ...in 28ga 3/4 oz at 1200 fps...( and 1/2 oz at 1200 fps in .410 )....my best gague, by far, is my 28ga...so its not about how much shot is in the air....

My buddy that shoots a .410 very well ....in the low 90's ( shoots it just as if it was a 12ga )....in the right hands, a .410 can do very very well....but it has a smaller pattern in general ( usually about 18" vs a 30" pattern for 12ga, 20ga, 28ga....) with the right choke.

My .410 / 28ga / and 20ga....are all Browning Citori XS Skeet models Over unders with 30" barrels...they are all built on the 20ga receiver...so they're virtually identical...so my lack of success with the .410 is mostly mental...but good shooters can overcome that.../ I can't --- but good shooters can ...:D
--------
All of my primary guns for Sporting clays, Skeet, 5 Stand and upland birds ....are all O/U's with 30" barrels because its what suits me...but everyone should shoot what suits them ( 8 1/2 lbs suits me the best )...with parallel adjustable combs.

For Trap ....I go with an O/U with 32" barrels ...at about 10 lbs...( Citori XT is my primary Trap gun / I have a single barrel BT-100 - its a 32" as well / but I don't like it as well as the heavier O/U )...

Jim - around here, AVERAGING low 80s would put you in AA and real close to Master class in sporting - these targets are tough. Time to give up that easy skeet stuff and MAN UP! LOL:D:D:D:D

Took a sporting clays lesson today and it kicked my butt, though I was doing quite a bit better at the end of day. Better at getting my butt kicked. But it was fun.

Around here a score in the low 80's might not even get you a punch in class B.... but every course is different. Years ago, I won a state tournament in class B, in the 28ga, with an 85 or so....

so it depends....

Honestly with my eyes getting so bad.....I'm just not shooting that much shotgun anymore.:(

Other way around for me with pistols - I can see those targets flying at a distance, but try to look at handgun sights AND a target at 7 yards and one of them is nothing but a blur

Yesterday, I got my money's worth out of the XS Skeet. Though not ideal for SC, to go from being set for Trap, I just swapped out my chokes, loosened the AC and shoved the comb as low as it would go. I will leave it like that for skeet, but reverse things for trap, which reminds me to pick up some plastic washers (spacers) at the HD.

well, the trap shotgun should shoot high for most trap shooters like to see the bird as its on the rise and the barrel will cover the bird if it shoots flat., at skeet and sporting clays the shotgun should shoot fairly flat for most shooters.eastbank.

Agreed, but adjusting the comb as opposed to hold point could mean a difference in stock fit and more recoil transmitted to the cheek or shoulder.

well, you can shoot with out changing any thing on the shotgun. but you will have to change your cheek weld to make up the difference between having the shotgun shoot flat or high between trap and skeet. on my shotguns with adjustable combs after adjusting it for trap( higher poi) i got derilin washers that were 1/2 inch thick and ground them to 3/8 inch, the right hight for me shooting trap and put them on the adjustable comb pins and as the washers are easly removed i can shoot trap or skeet with out much fuss. on my brownings there are two allen headed screws for adjusting the comb for the right hight needed. if you use adjustable morgen butt pads to make the changes,there is only one common headed screw slot to adjust the morgen. eastbank.

What Eastbank said, but I have metal flat washers that I have to replace with plastic. Whether some are so skilled they can shoot a flat shooting gun for everything, or a trap gun for skeet and sc, so far moving the comb up and down seems to work for me.

Back