Browning Citori VS Ruger Red Label.

tahunua001

did I really just start another one of these juvenile VS. threads?
yes, yes I did.

just glimpsed the Ruger Red label on their website. looks like a solid shotgun. however given the $1400 MSRP(actual retail will probably be closer to $1200), would a person be better served to get something like a browning citori?

what are your opinions, views, gripes, reviews, etc.

....the track record on the Ruger was pretty bad over the last 5 or 6 years they were making that gun / and I don't know for sure where it was made ...but they didn't hold up even in the short run.

So yes, In my opinion ....the Citori line of O/U shotguns / or the Beretta line of guns ...is a much more solid - long term shotgun...at an affordable price / than most anything still being made today. They aren't cheap - but you get an awful lot of gun for the money.

I hope Ruger is doing better....but it will be 3 or 4 years before we can really tell how these new versions of the Red Label are doing...( you can't tell about the quality of steel or workmanship by just looking at them )....but I hope they end up being a decent gun to fill that gap at around $ 1,000 - $ 1,250 ...for a new O/U.

Browning Citori Lightning ...which is their entry level field guns...lists new now for $ 1,989 and in my area it sells new for around $ 1,800.

Last edited:
Like a brand new car model, you might want to wait a year to see how the production runs turn out from a reliability standpoint. MY personal bad experience is noted; others had decent luck with the last batch. I do not want to be a Beta-tester with $1000 or so of my money

Back