Browning BDA 380 mag question.

nzed

Hello all,

Does anyone know for sure if the pre-ban 13-round magazines will fit in the newer BDA 380's that are being sold with 10-round magazines?

Thanks.

I would say that the probability is high. The Browning BDA 380 and the Beretta 84FS are almost identical and share the same magazines. My new 84FS that came with 10 round magazines takes the 13 round 84FS/BDA magazines just fine. The hard part is finding 13 round magazines for a good price.

LL

Lightninglink is correct. The 13 round mags work fine in the later model guns. If you find hi-caps...you are lucky!
If you have not made a gun purchase yet, and you want reasonable hi-caps...you might look at a CZ-83. I found extra hi-caps (13 rnd) for $20/each.
The 83 groups very well. I am not a great shot but have no trouble getting 2" groups at 10 yds with the 83. Worth a look.
My .02

I did get a chance to call Browning re this question. The response was: "The 13-round magazines should fit and work properly."

LightningLink,
There is a Beretta 84F 13RD 380 Nickel original mag up for auction at AuctionArms. The auction ends 3/22/01, just in case you are interested. Currently the price is $45.00. Thanks for your reply.

VonFatman,
I already purchased a BDA 380 at a gun show a few weeks ago. It came w/ 2 13-round magazines. The BDA is obviously used. I was just curious if I purchased a newer BDA would the hi-cap mags fit. I own a CZ75 and would not hesitate to purchase another CZ product. Thanks for your reply and suggestion re CZ83.

Back