Browning BDA 380 disassembly?

nzed

While at a gun show yesterday, I purchased a used Browning BDA 380 (manufactured in 1989).

It did not have a manual and I do not know how to disassemble it to give it a good cleaning before taking it to the range.

Can anyone provide simple take-down instructions? Is there a web address that has an on-line manual? I could not find one through the usual search engines.

I have already requested a manual from the Browning web site, but they say that will not arrive for about 2-3 weeks. I would like to be able to try it out before then.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you prefer off-list communications, my e-mail is petreyrj@sectv.com

Browning DBA

For a Beretta 84 (which is pretty much the same gun - so I think this will work):

Empty the gun.

Check to see that the gun is empty and the magazine removed.

There is a spring loaded pin on the left side of the frame immediately above the front portion of the trigger guard. There is a lever on the right side of the frame that this pin locks in place.

Press this pin in from the left side, hold the pin in and push the frame mounted lever on right side of the frame down.

This will release the slide/barrel assembly and it will slide forward off the frame.

Re-assembly is the reverse of the process. The barrel has to be in the locked position (fully pressed against the receiver) so I find it handy to press the muzzle lightly against my leg while pushing in the pin and turning the lever up.

Hope this helps.

Back