Browning BAR Bolt Removal / Disassembly

mrkostjj

Inactive
I have a new (2007) Browning BAR Safari MKII .30-06 rifle. I have completely disassembled it to the extent that the Browning Owners Manual describes (or allows). I have even removed the butt pad and butt stock from the receiver. I would really like to remove the bolt assembly for a thorough cleaning. It appears that once the bolt handle is removed the assembly will come right out. But how in the heck do you get the bolt handle out? I wish it were real simple like pulling it out sidewyas like on a Remington 1100 but I know it is not. Can anyone help me with this or send me some detailed instructions on how to remove the bolt from a new BAR. And once removed, is disassembly of the bolt easy and obvious, like on an AR-15, or are there tricks here as well? My e-mail address is: mrkostjj1@comcast.net

Thanks. Jeff

The BAR bolt handle fits into a flanged slot in the bolt. On the front of the bolt handle, there is a small pin. Push it in and push the bolt handle forward to remove. The bolt then lifts straight out.

Back