Browning Abolt 2

aggiejrc

Howdy guys...

I was wondering how ya'll like this rifle. I'm thinking of the 30-06 so don't try to talk me out of that. Just give me some of advice on the abolt and the reputation of Browning. Tell me what ya think. Thanks.

aggiejrc

Its a good gun----GET IT!!!!!! My .270 Composite Stalker (non-BOSS)would get one-hole groups with Hornady 140gn factory loads. I also have a .243 Micro Hunter on lay-a-way------another month till I have the money to get it out-----I can't wait.

Free-floated barrel----60 degree bolt up lift---detachable mag-----features certain other brands are only now starting to catch up on. Although the extra mags are pretty steep---pricewise. The extra mag is nice to carry a few spare rounds while hunting and not have them jingling around in your pocket-----while I've never had to use the 2nd mag----it's nice to know you have it if needed-----especially if you find your way deep into the woods. Never know what might happen---better to be prepared.

I've got a Stainless Stalker in .300 WM. I haven't really shot it enough to wring out the accuracy, but it sure handles nice.

If you're not out for pinpoint accuracy, don't get the BOSS. It works, from what I hear, but it takes some time to get it all dialed in. I have it, wish I didn't.

I agree with dean- if you're a reloader, the BOSS can drive you nutty. A reload sucks right? Nope, twist the barrel-maybe it gets worse, maybe it gets better. Another variable to add to the equation.

Browning A-Bolt

Except for the extra cost of scope bases and rings I have no objection.

The wife's Browning A-Bolt in 30-06 will outshoot my Ruger 77 30-06 by 1/8th of an inch at 100 yards.

Back