Browning A-bolt 22

Blackcloud

Inactive
I am looking for information on how to improve the trigger pull on this rifle. It is 2.5 lbs. now but has creep and feels rough. I have changed to a lighter spring and that helped some. Browning will not offer any help and two gunsmiths that I have talked to don,t want to work on it. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you in advance. Blackcloud

------------------

Blackcloud, you can polish the sides of the trigger components to remove any tool marks. Stay away from the engagement surfaces. Also polish any adjacent areas in the trigger housing/receiver where the trigger parts might be rubbing. That should smooth it up considerably. I don't know why those gunsmiths turned down the work. But, if the polishing I've described doesn't help, e-mail me and I'll see what I can do with it. George

George, Thank you for your reply about the A-bolt. I will try your suggestion and if I am not successful I will e-mail you. I have a good quality trigger scale on order so I will wait until I have that to work on the gun. Thanks Blackcloud

Back