Browning A-5 barrels??

mattamuskeet

I have a couple of Belgian Browning A-5's. About 20 years ago I bought an invector barrel (22") for one of them. I would like to get a 26" invector for the other one, but I cannot find them any more. I looked at replacement barrels in all the catalogs, but I do not see them listed. The original barrels are 30" full choke barrels that are from the pre-steel shot era. I would like to pass them down to my kids with the original barrels plus a modern barrel that they can use to hunt.

Any suggestions? I was thinking I might have to buy a complete gun just for the barrel?!?!?!?

well, 1) Its long
2) Its extra full choke( a dime won't fit down the muzzle)
and 3) We shouldn't shoot steel shot in it because of #2 and the barrel was not designed for steel.

(we do a lot of waterfowl hunting)

Regarding number 1 - that's a personal preference thing and if shorter works better for you, I understand

Regarding number 2 - until the bore and muzzle constriction are measured, that is a guess; nevertheless, chokes can be opened up to whatever you would like and Briley can also possibly install thin walls

Regarding number 3 - absolutely correct, no steel, but there are other alternatives that are legal.

Not disagreeing with your original intent about another barrel, just pointing out some other possibilities in case the other barrel doesn't materialize for you

Back