Browning 22LR

RiponP90

So our supplier just sent us a bunch of Browning LHP 22. I'm going to have my guys test some to get their thoughts but since we have a limited amount and no certain availability in the future I don't want to use more than I have to. So I'm asking for help. Anyone that has shot this stuff can you give me your thoughts so I have an idea when customers ask about it?

My initial thoughts before testing: this stuff is expensive. The wholesale price is higher than our retail price for CCI and it appears to me to be mostly hype of the name. Don't get me wrong, I'm still grateful I could get any SV 22 at all!

I'm glad someone replied haha but you are quite possibly correct. I'm not sure how much money Browning invested in actually setting up their own manufacturing as opposed to designing and then outsourcing.

Manufactured by Olin Corp. - so yes, it IS re-branded Winchester. Browning is simply a trademark anyway (as is Winchester)....owned by FNH. There is NO actual "Browning" company - as I said, it is only a trademark at this point.

My shooting buddy bought a couple boxes of the Browning stuff. It functions just fine, but has the usual number of fliers for average quality (22 LR) ammo. Nothing to get excited about, but not worse than comparable ammo. The price he paid was a bit high - probably has to do with marketing and the "Browning" name.

Back