Brownells Gunsmith Kinks, worth it?

Icopy

A fellow forum member solved a problem of mine by referring to the Brownells Gunsmith Kinks books. Does anyone own else have experience with these books and are they worth the money? Is one volumn better than another? Thanks in advance.

Icopy, they're worth a lot more than the purchase price. It's a collection of favorite problem solving methods from gunsmiths all over the country. Almost a gunsmith course in itself. George

I have the first 2 and am going to get the last one.Well worth the investment.

------------------
Bob--- Age and deceit will overcome youth and speed.
I'm old and deceitful.

I agree with George and beemerb, they are definitely worth it. Brownell's will sell all three together at a discount, or at least they used to. I find they are enjoyable reading, even if you don't get any good tips from them, and that would be rare. Their index system is very good, they reference that vol. and the previous vol(s). You can use the index in vol. 3 for all 3 volumes.

After reading these posts, I ordered the 3 volume set. You can order over the phone with credit card and still get the special price for $44.62 postage paid. Tell them you are ordering from the new catalog 53, and the coupon code number is 118B00. The phone number is 641-623-4000. HTH

Back