Brownells Alert Email

Not at all, Midway has had them in stock, every local store (Hamstead NC) has had them. Now that I think about it I only ever look for G19 magazines since it is the only Glock I own these days, I can't speak to anything else.

Magpul magazines are a third of the price and work just as well.

To my knowledge they have been readily accessible. In fact some online retailers like Botach have had factory magazines on sale for $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some magazines can be hard to find at times, but the common 9mm magazines have been easy to find for a long time. The email was fairly generic and it looks like their selection of full size 45 ACP and 10MM is non-existent.

Rob228: said:
Magpul magazines are a third of the price and work just as well.

I don’t know that the Magpuls are a third of the price of the Glock OEM mags, they are not that much less expensive in my experience. But I have and still use every one that I ever bought and I agree that they work just as well as the OEMs.

When I lived in CA the 10 round Magpul GL7 and GL9 Glock 17 and 19 mags worked amazingly well for me. Possibly the most reliable mags I own. I have since moved to a state that is not mag cap restricted and I still use these 10 round Magpul mags at the range.

Since there may be legislation/executive order restricting magazine capacity there may be a run on these in the near future.

I don't know what Brownell's is asking for their factory Glock mags, but I have been getting mine from Magazine Warehouse for about $4 less per mag than they are available locally. While I know that there are other choices available, the genuine Glock mags work perfectly 100% of the time and a couple of bucks difference isn't worth my peace of mind. So far I have yet to wear out a factory magazine.

I was typically buying just G19 magazines but recently switched to picking up G17 magazines since the G17's will fit both my G19 and G17. I picked up some Glock factory mag sleeves from The Glock Store to fit on the G17 magazines which gives me a faux G19X. I now have a dozen or so of each, so I think I am good for the rest of my life.

Have these been hard to find?

Yes and No. They are generally available if you look hard enough. Most sites have spotty inventory. Glock 21 mags are nearly impossible to find currently, unless you want to spend $30 on one. Give it a week and everyone will have inventory for about 2 days. The stimulus checks wiped everyone out again.

They're being hoarded like everything else.

I used to want to get email alerts. Wouldn't want to miss out on a deal.

Then before you know it my email account was filled with hundreds of emails from PSA, MidwayUSA, Brownells, CDNN... It was just too much. I unsubscribed to all of them. If figure, if I really need something I'd go looking for it on my own.

They haven't been impossible to find, but the last year's gun sales have pushed many more people to buy spare magazines.
In addition...

Glock 'parts kits' and 3D printed or "80%" frames are extremely popular if you diverge even just slightly from mainstream.
But what rarely comes in a parts kit is a magazine.

The magazines have been selling like crazy for the last couple years, and only now has demand started to taper off with the introduction of two new 3D printed designs that are reliable and fairly rugged. All they need, that can't be printed, is a spring.

Between the places that I tend to hang out and "watch the crowd" lately, I see about 5-6 new Glock frames per day, and 8-10 other 3D printed frames (such a the FGC-9 and Mac Daddy). Each one of those usually results in 3-4 magazine sales. And that is from a member base of just 2,500 people.

Back