Brought home two pistols! How did I do?

krept

First, yesterday my girlfriend and I went to Prescott, Az to visit J&G sales as they had an ad out for Bulgarian Makarovs
for $99.95.

Person at the counter was helpful and picked out a dity but functionally sound looking pistol for us. As it turns out, this little beauty cleaned up NICE. No marks on slide, barrel looked brand new with no sign of wear. Great little gun...

Makarov ($99.95), two extra magazines ($7.50 or so each), gun rug, cleaning stuff, Pierce rubber grip, plus two boxes of ammo and tax for under $160 out the door. (still can't believe how good this one cleaned up after all the cosmoline was removed).

---

Today, I went to a gunshow from Phoenix to look at some Sigs for CCW. I think someone spiked my drink or the salesman put me under a vodoo spell, but I ended up buying
a Glock 27 from Glockmeister. I looked at the gun stripped all apart and recieved a lesson on how to properly use the short resetting trigger and the simplicity of operation. Oh no, I think I've caught a Glock bug. Don't get me wrong, after all is said and done, I'm still a die hard HK fan (and love 1911s) but this little powerhouse caught my heart.

Glock 27 NIB with two magazines, cleaning rod, brush, speed loader - $474

Meprolight sights, installed-$65. Man, these things are bright! I had to barely cup my hand to see them glow, the Trijicons ($34 extra) I still could not see with a fully cupped hand.

2 Scherer +1 grip extentions (make my hand fit PERFECT) -$12 for both. I know people say "why not just get the 23?" and I say because the slide is shorter and I have the option of going with the flush baseplate for deeper CCW, although I'm firmly a believer that the width, not the length of the magwell will give it away.

Some weird thing that goes in the hole near the magwell to make inserting magazines easier - $7. Not necessary, but it does make inserting the mag easier and it filled that space in the magwell.

Total for all, after tax, a hair under $600.

Do these seem like good prices? I know that they were cheaper than others that I have seen in stores and at shows.
In any event, two great small pistols - I'm stoked!

krept, ma man...you did damn good. Both nice pistols! Makarovs? Could be the pistol deal of the century. Glock 27? What can I say about FANTASTIC PLASTIC! (Lordy, was that me!):)Best Regards, J. Parker

Yeah those Meprolights are nice. I have em on my Kimber and yes they are bright. You did well on the Mak. I don't do Glocks so I can't say there.

Glocks are awesome!
Great choice... you learn to shoot well with one Glock and you'll be able to shoot well with them all.

I know nothing about the Makarov but the Glock was a great idea!

Man, I do have to get myself one of them Glock 27's one of these days.

Haha, yes it did kdub. They also had a sale on some oooold revolvers at the same gunshow for about $30 a pop that were really super POSs. That would be about er, 20 revolvers for that price (their whole collection).

The Glock, however, is not what I would call a POS, especially after I found out it has a lifetime warranty from the seller/smith.

Trust me, a Glock was not my first (or even 4th) choice but when I tried it again and learned some tidbits, like how to use the short reset, etc. I was sold. I just love to have NIB guns for serious use.

With the Mak, I knew I couldn't go wrong, my girlfriend gobbled it up in an instant and actually spent 3 hours cleaning it and fell in love with her first gun. It's clunky, but it works. It's also hers now, no turning back.

With the Para P13 I had, I felt weird right away, kind of like I did something wrong. Definate buyers remorse that never went away.

With my USP .45, I felt kind of bad, but all doubts were erased quickly. This is my SHTF gun, HD gun, range gun, etc but not my CCW.

With the Glock, it felt right immediately. Shot the .40, shot Glocks (albiet, the "wrong" way) and didn't really mind them. This is my get-the-beatdown use and abuse gun for CCW, hiking, etc. If it breaks in half or kAb0OmS! well, as long as my hand is OK, then shucks, I'll have to fall back on the USP.

The USP is an awesome piece of engineering, kind of like the captain of the football team - this thing gets the royal treatment. The Glock is like the proverbial red headed stepchild... it should last for a year or two before I get a NIB P-7 :D.

I don't own a Glock at present, but I am glad you are happy with yours. That sounds like a hell of a deal on the Makarov. I have a whole safe FULL of guns but I had to try a Mak. I now own two. One Bulgarian and one Russian with adjustable sights. I have more fun shooting those guns than anything else I own at present (the novelty will soon wear off and I will fall back to something else but for now....). I can't get over the quality, reliablility, and most of all the accuracy of these things. I may get a third to try some of the aftermarket barrels etc. I know I would if I could get them for $99.

Did Good

krept, I'd say you did real well;) The Mak is the best bang for the buck, But boy are you gonna love that Glock 27 :D
I bought mine the same way, kind of on a whim :eek: Boy am I glad I did ;) Made a Glock believer out of me :)
Good luck with your new purchases and I hope they serve you well.;)

krept-
You stole both pistols! Great deals. You'll be sorry that you bought that Glock 27. Glocks are very addictive-You'll want another & another &.....
You picked the right one for CCW
- Glock's will take more abuse than any other and will last the longest!
Glad you got the Meprolights instead of the Trij's. I have the Mep's on my G21 and they really are brighter than the Trij's.
I'm looking for my first HK-any suggestions?

AirTech

Back