Brolin Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampy

I see full page mag ads for Brolin Arms 1911s; SGN has them for $399.00; ads say made in USA; and I have never heard of them. Anyone with any experience with Brolin Arms or any knowledge about the company and its guns?

CDNN also sells compensated and target models for the same price. I have never seen one of their 45s at any shop or any show. They also manufacture low-end shotguns which I have seen. I tracked down a nice guy who has the "Legend 45" model, and he tells me that it is comparable to his Colt 1911A in terms of workmanship and performance. The company is based in California, and they have a web site that is devoid of any useful content. I called them to see if I could use one of their models as a base for a custom 1911, and they told me that most of the parts (barrel, magazines, trigger) interchange with a standard 1911.

This trademark "Brolin" of 1911 model is also known in some shooters in Phils. One of my co-gun club member has one and its shoots good too. His - is full-size and very slim one.
He bought it on a gunshow also in Manila at a cheap price. I haven't heard much of the manufacturers details, but I saw some of the guns.

Brolin is made here in Southern California. I frequent a gun shop here and the owner is also the owner of Brolin... Interestingly enough, he has just decided to stop manufacturing them... The reason being potential lawsuits, tough, competative market, etc... So the only guns being sold and shipped out now are the ones that were in stock. The most popular model and supposedly the best (from what store workers tell me) is their pro-comp model. The overall length is the same as a 5 in. 1911, so the slide is cut back a bit to accomodate the compensator. I have not shot one myself, but two good friends of mine say recoil is virtually nothing... The fit and finish are average, nothing special here. I don't know if it means anything, but this past Sunday while I was there, the owner's brother stopped in and registered/bought two Brolins for himself... Also of note, the store supposedly gets the "best" of the Brolins that are manufactured, i.e. the guns in the store were all hand picked from the assembly line/plant (though I can only get one worker to admit this!) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back