Brolin Arms Ithaca copy?

SpoiledBySig

Inactive
I was checking out my ShotGun News, and saw an irresistable ad for a "Brolin Arms" Synthetic stocked, 12 gauge, bottom ejectin', Parkerized( very much like an Ithaca 37 deerslayer).

The price is $119.00...very enticing, except I need to know "what's the catch?". What I mean, is this shotgun made in Communist China or by some other "hard working indigenous peoples republic of( You name the 3rd world country), who someday plan to take us over economically, then physically??

I checked out sites for Brolin Arms......it's "Web-site ( if you want to call it that) just has there name and Kalifornica address.............no gun listings, no gun pictures, no gun prices.

Perhaps you (Dave McC) might know something about this company or shotgun...is it Chinese?....is it Russian?

I'd really want to know!.......Thanks in advance!

yes it is

it is a chinese copy of the ithaca 37, very nice too. :)

i got mine about a year ago from century arms so this might be the next generation. mine was blued and came with wood furniture. sounds like they've upgraded :rolleyes: it with a parkerized finish and synthetic stock

the only disapointment was that it came with a full choke and marked "not for use with steel shot" which leaves me to believe it might be a little soft. :o i had a shotgun lover look at mine and he said it looked just like his real 37...down to the weakness, over time, in headspacing. i figured for <$100 its a cute yard gun. ;)

Headspace weakness? Is this something model '37 ('87) owners will inevitably incur? Can you please tell me more - after how many rounds should I have the headspace checked?

Thanks

sorry i can't be much more specific but...

somthing about how the bolt locks up into a notch/cut out in the receiver and how recoil would batter the bolt into and peen it. does that make sense? my only other shotguns are a saiga 20 and a rossi s/s.

Cue Dave McC...

China...slave labour...communism...supporting the system...guilt...your soul...etc etc etc

Mike

PS For the record, I agree with Dave, its just funny to hear him chime in on the anti-norinco side every time. ;)

Sorry, Mike, don't feel like singing the same song again, my views are well known.

Ithaca 37s,like most pre 870 shotguns,have the bolt lock into a notch in the receiver,not the bbl extension.These are prone to peening after many a shot. Model 12s and 97s are also subject to this, but all, being Browning designs, take LOTS of rounds to get to this point. And, a decent smith can do a rebuild by building up the lug and notch with weld.

Back