Broken Ruger Mk2

Destructo6

A friend of mine has a Ruger Mk2 that went down with a broken part some time ago.

The broken part is the pin that is attached at the bottom to the mainspring housing (sort of a cassette affair) and protrudes up into the receiver to keep the bolt inside the receiver and appears to be acted upon by the recoil spring. It snapped at the bottom of the pin, just above the attachement point to the mainspring housing.

Problem is that I'm not entirely sure of this part's name and Ruger's website wasn't helpful at all. I'm pretty sure Brownells has it, but I don't want to order several parts to finally get the proper one.

If someone could be so kind as tell me Ruger's nomenclature for this part and possibly it's part number.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Yeah, I had a hard time believing that a .22lr could generate enough force to break it, even with the broken part in my hand. It broke where it steps from large and cylindrical to thin and flat near the bottom so that it can go into the pivot point.

I thought it was the "Bolt Stop Pin", but I wasn't fully convinced. Thanks for your input.

Back