broke my Navy

zworld

Dang played with my new navy too much and broke the trigger bolt spring! Is this real common? I ordered a new part already, it was 6.50, should I have ordered a couple?

An old clock repair guy once told me "what kills springs is rust"!
You guys (and gals) that soak your bp pistols in hot water need to make sure those internals get dry, trigger-bolt spring, hand spring, and loading leaver spring are easily pitted then weakened.

Ok , just so you are aware, all the springs from the factory are way over stressed. I mean the springs new guns have in them as well as the replacement springs. When they are properly tuned and fitted, they will last sooooo much longer (more likely than not, the life of the gun)!
That's what I meant in my post above. I don't really know of any "drop in " parts for Colt style S.A.s.

45 Dragoon
www.goonsgunworks.com

The guns have to function to pass insp. The springs have much more tension than needed to do the job they do. Hand springs can be very light with just enough tension to prevent throw-by (cylinder over rotation). Likewise, the trigger /bolt combo spring can be lightened to make the trigger pull lighter and the bolt to operate without gouging the cylinder (i dont like triggers lighter than 2 lbs.). The main springs vary but most are like truck springs!!! They can be narrowed and brought down to a pleasent 4 to 5 lb. hammer pull.

Back