British .303.

TDB4

Doe's Anyone Know Where I Can GET Stripper clips, For A British .303 MK4? The Gun Parts Corp. Catalog Don't Come Out Till October. So Lend a Hand If You Can

------------------
FREEDOM AIN'T FREE!

You can call Gun Parts, even though the catalog doesn't come out till later. They sometimes can tell you if they have it.

HJN

Shotgun News, which is available in every newstand around here, usualy has a section with all sorts of parts for Enfields for sale, including stripper clips.

Take care with the rims arrangement and the right way up when loaded!Have fun, the clips here are sold for less than 5c each, but Gunparts will be $1.50, I bet.

------------------
***Big Bunny***

You might want to try SARCO, too. The have a website - www.sarcoinc.com .

And what Big Bunny said about the rims - absolutely watch the stagger! I think that's the only real problem with the Enfield as a WWII battle rifle - the rimmed casings. I used to do WWII reenactment (No. 2 Commando) - when you get rims crossed in your magazine and try to work the bolt - forget it! You wind up picking the rounds out with your fingers until you get to some that work. After fighting with this a few times, I carried my quick reload ammo loose and just used the stripper for extras.

For some reason, I never had trouble with Soviet equipment (Tokarev and Mosin-Nagant's) using stripper clips, even though the 7.62x54 has a larger rim than .303.

The Nagant uses a different magazine setup that doesn't require the rims to be "upper forward". It also loads and ejects better than the Enfield. The Enfield it so pretty and smooth, it deserves a better mag setup.

Back