• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Bring PIF thread back please. We were just having a litle fun chatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikenbarb

I dont mean to offend anyone and appologize if this is the wrong place for this but im curious as to why the pif page was closed and all that was going on was some good clean fun between members and we harmed noone in the process. Its not like there were hundreds of active members giving their stuff away there and most members didnt seem to mind that we were chatting back and forth and if they did, They could have spoke up and we would have ended it. I hope speaking out dont get me "barred for life" here because I have done no wrong except post legitimate threads and have some fun between giving my unwanted items away on a page for just that, Having fun and giving your stuff away to someone who can use it and I think it should have been approached differently than just leaving a reply and then shutting it down after a loyal long time member spoke what he felt. Im not happy about it just like alot of other members and I dont have the golden key on my keypad to make it right again but im sure alot of great people here would appreciate the thread being restored for TFL members to use. I have noticed other forums have a chat page and it would be great if TFL would take it into consideration with rules applied to proper use of it. Thanks for your time reading this and hope it doesnt get me barred for speaking what I feel as a dedicated TFL member. Mike B.

KUDO'S to MAL H for ressurecting the the PIF thread.
i would be happy to address the freedom of speech issue as it pertains to this forum in private, if thats acceptable to you.
thank you
tom

No, no! I just got to this to find everyone thanking me. It wasn't me that kept the thread alive, it was totally Johnny's effort, his good will and desire to keep a thread around that many members do enjoy. We understand that. It's the off topic stuff in that thread that would have been it's downfall.

Since there's not much point in further discussion on this, I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back