Brief backyard test..Taurus 41 mag..

J. Parker

Picked up my Taurus mod 415 41 mag with 21/2" barrel today. Went out back and shot ten rounds of Win 175gr Silvertips. No pain, no hurt, real nice grip. The true test will be Rem 210gr softpoints. The fit and finish is good to excellent. Had to put on my readin' glasses to see any slight blemishes. At thirty ozs this little piece should pack around real well out in the boonies. I know it wasn't much of a test but initially I'm impressed. About the only negative I can think of is holster availability. Best Regards, J. Parker

Just finished shooting a cylinder full of Rem 210gr softpoints. They we're loud with pretty stout recoil but surprising it didn't hurt. These grips are sweeet! I think that's about the upper limit of recoil I wish to experience. Durability? Only time will tell. With limited use of full power hunting loads it should be pretty durable. Silvertips and this piece is certainly a good combo. Best, J. Parker

Greeting's All:

While I admire the .41 Magnum caliber; I can't condone the use of this very popular cartridge in ANY Taurus line of
firearms. In my experience, under most conditions Taurus
firearms leave a lot to be desired.:) Now, if you place this cartridge in a Ruger Redhawk or Smith & Wesson model 57 or
58; I could dance to that tune.:D Each of these are very fine weapons; made with quality.:D:) But, as they say; "beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder". With that said,
if you are happy; I guess I am too.

Happy Shoot'in,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Glad you like it.

It is the "keeper" out of my Taurus weapons. The porting and the grips on the 415 make it amazingly controllable.

Enjoy,
Mikey :D

Ala Dan; As I recall you didn't have a really good experience with a Taurus. I hate that when that happens. You pay you're good money and get a lemon. I had a Taurus M605 once that had a burr on the faceplate making it so the cylinder wouldn't rotate smoothly. I found the burr, filed it down and it worked fine. Point is, I shouldn't have had to deal with it in the first place. Besides that, I've had good luck with Taurus revolvers. This M415 41 maggie is such a slick little piece I sure hope it holds together. Thanks everyone, J. Parker

you are so right Mr. Parker

I didn't enjoy my recent visit to the range with the Taurus
model 82; a bull barrel version of a M&P Smith & Wesson model 10. But, that weapon is owned by a major security
company; not a personal weapon of choice. I'm sure that
with the acqusition of Rossi International, the quality
of the Taurus line surely improved a great deal. Like I stated, I love the .41 Magnum caliber; as it was the caliber
that I grew-up on, and the very first gun I handloaded for
was a beautiful Smith & Wesson 4" barrel model 57. At that
time, I was also casting my own lead so I got hours of fun
from that ole' Smith with the "S" prefix serial number.
Kind'a wish I still had it? Enjoy your new Taurus.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Back