Brief backyard test...10mm Witness

J. Parker

Brought home a blued full size 10mm Witness today. Damn, I'm impressed! At least initially anyway. Fit and finish are excellent. The pistol has a matte bluing but the mag is a beautiful shiny blue. The mag has a red follower which I understand is the one to have. I normally don't "break-in" a pistol with HP ammo but that's all I have for now. Went out back and put two mag fulls through it with no problems. If you're in the market for a 10mm pistol I don't know how you can go wrong for $350 bucks. We'll see if it holds up over the long haul. Best, J. Parker

The red follower is the correct magazine to have; they worked perfectly in my experience. The really old magazines had black followers and would turn it into a Jam-O-Matic.

Congratulations on an excellent purchase!

Your impressions pretty much mirror mine. I`m very happy with my new 10mm Witness too. Have you shot any full tilt boogie ammo through it yet? Corbon 180gr. JSPs with 700fpe are just good clean fun! :D BTW I added a 20# Wolff recoil spring to mine so the hot stuff doesn`t beat it up too much. It still functions 100% even with super wuss 180gr.PMC Starfires. Marcus

Thanks Marcus for your reply. All I've got right now are PMC 170gr HP's. I stomp around the woods alot and I'll be lookin' into those Cor-Bon loads. They sound like they'd be a hoot to shoot. One thing puzzles me. My Witness doesn't have front serrations. I'm not complaining because I don't like them anyway. Just curious. Anyway, this gun is just plain fun to shoot! And thanks for the spring info..J. Parker

I`m not sure but I think the 10mm is the only large frame EAA that doesn`t have foreward serrations. I can take em or leave em. They`d be awfull hard to make use of with the 20# recoil spring anyway. :) The 170gr. PMC has 543fpe so it`ll give you a taste of 10mm power but the full power stuff is cool,it has a crisp snap and it BARKS! :D Marcus

Back