Breech face impact marks

Pbaker29

Inactive
I recently noticed impact marks on the breech face, and it appears to be from the bolt. I had a stoppage during my last shooting session. The round failed to fire, and failed to eject. I cycled the bcg several times in an attempt to eject the round. I'm honestly not sure what the issue was with the round, but I did eventually get it out. I fired roughly 20-25 rounds afterwards with no issue.

After getting home and cleaning the rifle, I noticed impact marks from the bolt on the breech face, and what appears to be some scratches on the chamfer area around the chamber (I assume it is damage from the stuck round). What I'm not sure about is how the bolt marks got on the breech face. Is this cause for concern? It seems to cycle and function. I would venture to say it functions flawlessly if it weren't for the stuck case. It has never malfunctioned before thru almost 1,000 rounds (knock on wood).

Also, bolt looks to be just fine.

Anyhow, any advice?

Attachments

• 0325202007_HDR.jpg
    0325202007_HDR.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 0325202004.jpg
    0325202004.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 97
(I assume it is damage from the stuck round).

WHy???

What did the stuck round DO while it was stuck in the gun??? It didn't fire, you said, so there was NO force from the round against the bolt. Could not be. A single stuck round could not cause the marks.

So the gun fired fine and you're concerned abuot scratches on the breech face? Did you take before and after pictures? Do you know if the scratches were there before you fired it?

If the gun fires as it's supposed to, assume everything is OK and keep firing it. Make sure it's lubed and cleaend properly after each range session.

Back