Break action auto loader

What is the make and model of the single barrel shotgun that holds a second shotshell on the right side of the action, which is automatically chambred when the first shot is taken?

added

Beretta UGB 25 Excel, now available for half of original retail at about $2000

Got to shoot one when they first came out - VERY soft shooter, as a LH, nice not having empties flying across your face, heavy, but swung nicely; basically designed for the Euro market

Thought you would know. I shot one Saturday. One ouncers and it sported a Gracoil. Zero felt recoil. Owner said the problem with it is that some loads will not cycle it.

It was designed as a bunker trap gun. In Europe, there is a concern about safety, so guns need to be easily visible - by making it a break action, Beretta addressed that issue. By making it a gas semi, they addressed the recoil issues of bunker loads, pigeon/helice loads and other that are running very fast. It never really caught on here in the US, but it is a VERY well made gun, decently balanced, good handling, and now running at $2K versus $4K. With Benellis running about $2500, and Beretta gas guns running close to $1800, this might not be that bad of a deal at $2K

As a reasonably heavy gun about 8.25#, and a gas action AND a Gracoil, I could see where some ultra-light loads might have an issue

The UGB has been dropped from the current Beretta catalog...( just checked it online again ) and its not there either...

There are only a couple of them in my area showing up on the sporting clays courses.../ and I've been able to put a few shells thru them as well, while I liked them, and they were unique -- I never did buy one..

I'm still very happy with my Benelli SuperSport models ( inertia guns / with synthetic stocks and comfort tech system in them )...in fact I was shooting the 12ga at Skeet yesterday because my rebuilt shoulder was hurting yesterday and I couldn't swing an 8.5 lb over under without a lot of pain.../ so I don't know if I'd take a risk on that UGB or not - even if it is down to around $2k these days.../ I think the Super Sport might be a smarter buy these days at around $ 1,800 ...or maybe one of the other Beretta gas guns.

How is that different from the old Browning Double Automatic? I remember that was a two shot autoloader, also.

Back