Brassers?

ZVP

Most shooters consider Brassers as junk.
I own a sweet '51 Colt replica .44 cal, which I normally load with 20 gr ogf Pyrodex. So far, no stress mar4ks or stretching.
I am enamored with the smoothness of the ation and trigger! Very accurate too. I don't anticipate any trouble from this revolver.
Someday I want thw 5 1/2" bbl version.
Piettia quality has impproved.

Z

As long as you load them light, the pistol will hold up.

I had one brass frame Colt clone with a loose arbor. COuld get it to tighten up so I used it for parts.

A second one loosened up due to a chain fire. I tightened it but am conserned about reliability. SO I don't shoot it much.

I think I have about a dozen other brass frame Colts that are tight.

Yea Doc I am impressed with mine!and front of frame.
The only Piettia Colt that didn't need modding was a new Police model.
Very accuraye .44 cal regularilly shoots 1" 21 ft cloverleafs! someday I'd like to take it afieldplinking bugt I need to heal up from my amputation.
It'sa Piettia late version that shows the qyality increase.
I had to modify the gri8p a little to take the sharp edge off the palm area

Doc
i don't always get that lucky, I spread shots wide most times shaking as I do!
BP sur seems accurate though!
I don't know why, but I seem to shoot it best. Low recoil?
Maybe the ergonmics? I just feel good about it. It's a pleasure corrisponding with you Doc!
ZVP

brassers

+rrThese are definately controversal. Made w/copper and zink--looking now for answers by metalurgists to make them stronger more like bronze so they will hold up better Might be good if we are talking about colt open frame designs since arbor and cylinder are heavy to the recoil. You don't want timing to get away:eek:

Remington Brasser

Years ago when I did not know any better, I got another old "'58 Remington Brasser by FIE". A guy at a shoot told me to load it light...18 grains FFFG powder or less is what I use. To get it looking sharp...sometimes, I polish the brass and make it look great. Other times, over time, I do let it oxidize a bit...patina. I like it and it still does great at a range! Funny, I end up shooting that one more often than others!

Back