brass

Both are quality brass, along with ADG.
Mostly comes down to which one is available.
Really, the only reason i'd choose Peterson over ADG, or Lapua is that they are local to me (made near Pittsburgh, PA).

I agree with std7mag

but you can toss Alpha brass into the mix also as well as Lake City. My favorite .260 Rem brass is necked down LC

Have a mentor/enabler that is using both in a 6BR and a 6XC2

I am still learning the craft and so far am using PMC because it is very readily obtainable and have just received some donated Norma brass that has improved my results. I'm still loading on a Lee Turret press with Lee dies so I am not going to waste high quality brass.

But Someday!

Since buying Lapua brass for the first time, I am a believer. I have also used a bunch of Peterson. Both excellent quality, Peterson heads are a little softer.

I like Lapua, it sizes well, tends to last a long time, and IMO improves my scores.
A few guys at the local club use Peterson and regard it highly

From what I can tell, both are great premium brass, you could not go wrong either way. Personally I would lean towards Laupa, but would be happy with either.

Thanks guy's. I had some adg brass. I'm using hornady now pretty impressed with it. They have over 12 firings on them. Haven't lost a case yet. I also have some norma.

Ya can't buy any of that stuff around here. I get either Win or Rem, been using them for years plus use once fired mil brass for case loads.

I've measured a fair amount of brass (but no Peterson yet) and found the lowest wall thickness runout to be in Lapua and Norma. ADG seems to have the most consistent internal capacity.

Kmw1954,

I think you'll find Lee equipment and dies work better than you are giving them credit for. You said yourself the Norma brass made an improvement, and it is expensive high quality European brass, so it seems you've demonstrated to yourself that your Lee equipment can, in fact, take advantage of it.

I've had somewhat mixed results with Hornady brass.
Does fine for most hunting purposes (within 400 yards).
Not too great for match quality though.

The one cheap brass that really impressed me though is PVRI Partisen (PPU).
Quit laughing! :rolleyes:

Got 6 fps ES, 2 fps SD. :cool:

And i'd agree with the Alpha brass if it's available.

I find Hornady brass to be way to soft and primer pockets open up way to fast for both 6.5CM and 308. Being I have well over 5k pc’s of Hornady 308 brass I’ll keep using it up and relegate it to only one gun until they are all used up.

But my others precision rifles get fed Lapua brass.

Ya can't buy any of that stuff around here. I get either Win or Rem, been using them for years plus use once fired mil brass for case loads.

Remington is my mainstay in the older calibers (270/30-06). Some new caliber stuff is different. I rate it as good as Lapua, Norma has been tested to be jump better. I have shot Lapua direct tests with Remington and see no difference (I am not a competition shooter but a serious target shooter). Last week I got an under 1/4 MOA with the 6.5 x 47. I could feel in the grove for those five shots, then lost it. Surfing must be like that, loose the wave and, sigh.

Once fired is usually what I get though if its factory once fired at the range I will add it to the once fired box.

I have annealed and minimum bump back with Remington brass up past 20 firing and started to loose the primer pockets.

Will see how the 6.5 x 47 Lapua brass fares.

My feeling is it has a tighter consistent neck tension. That might make a difference if you are in competition shooting.

Back