Brass trading

Trade here

I've traded a couple times with people on this board. When at the range, I pick up everything, clean & sort it all and trade when I have good quantity of good brass I'm not using. I usually use the USPS flat rate boxes. So far all has gone well. At the moment I'm out of stock, but that situation won't last long. I de-prime and fully clean & head stamp sort my brass - but that isn't typical. Set expectations. Many will send you dirty range brass. Very few will sort anything except by caliber. I won't trade anything I wouldn't reload myself which means I've inspected, cleared & cleaned anything I ship. Again - that's not typical.

I don’t have a ton of anything right now. There was a board for just trading but it dried up. I was just trying to find a board for when I do have some to trade and a need.

Looking for 45 acp!

I have bright and shinny 9mm that I'd love to trade for some 45 acp (large primer) in any condition.

Life is good.
Prof Young

There is a forum for buying, selling and trading reloading components and equipment on longrangehunting.com that I've used mainly for buying bullets and brass. It is a fairly active forum, with quite a bit of new stuff being posted every day. I've looked at a couple others on different sites, but that one is the most active I've seen.

How do you traders deal with shipping costs? Do you just call it a wash?

As well, if you are not trading but just selling, how do you incorporate the shipping cost into the equation?

Are you legally able to ship traded primers????

Flat rate boxes from the USPS , If it fits it ships . I send LC brass to a member from time to time . I keep getting to big a box so to ship , 1k 223 cases to NY from CA cost like $13-ish . If I where to get the right size box and fill it I think the shipping would be more like $8 or $9 . He pays for the brass and the shipping but I sell it to him for $20 per 500ct guarantied once fired . I don't charge anything for my time and usually run the brass through a wet tumble first so somewhere around $50 to $60 for 1k LC 5.56 cases shipped .

Last edited:
Seanc . . .

Seanc:
My post is not as well written as it might be. I'm looking to trade 9mm brass for 45 acp brass. Some 45 acp has a small primer pocket and those are not the ones I'm looking for.
Unless there is more to it than I know, regular small pistol primers work in the 45 acp brass that has the small primer pocket.
While I do have some small pistol primers I'm not trading them off. Hope you can find some.

Life is good.
Prof Young

458 win mag brass

I have two new bags of 458 win mag brass minus 2 cases, Winchester brand.
Im not looking to cut a fat hog, if anyones interested, pm me.

I have some new .300 WSSM brass and about a pound of .40 S&W brass. I shoot a lot of different calibers but not these two. Make me an offer...

Tony

I have some 270 win brass.....lol...49 new ones hornady I think. And maybe 100 or so used ones

I dont have a 270 anymore and I also have some bullets and a new box of loaded rounds.

Lmao....I would trade for small rifle primers locally........lol...might have enough for maybe 5 primers..lol

Ocharry

Metal God,

I have 500 44 mag cases I want to dump. I don't know if they are Win or Federal but, with the exception of a hand full or two, they are very clean. Primer pockets need cleaning. They have been sized and decapped but not belled.

Don't know how to handle money exchange unless it's COD if that still exists.

Back