Brass Polish

284 Win

Inactive
Have you ever had a hard time finding a good brass polish at a decent price. At first I thought it was somebody's idea of a joke until I tried it myself. Anybody know what I'm leading to? The car buffs will clue in on this one right away...it's Nu Finish the once a year car polish. You can find it at most hardware stores for about 9 buck or less a 16 once bottle and it works like a charm.

284 Win:)

I never thought of that. I use plain ol crushed walnut shell or corn cob. Is Nu finish a liquid? How about sharing how much you use?

Nu Finish formula for best results is about an once per gallon of media, corn cob or walnut, I have used both, add half as much to regenerate your media. It works well with both. This is not rocket science, you can modify to your need depending how dirty the brass is and how much you do at a time. Almost forgot the other question, yes it is a white creamy liquid.

284 Win

Last edited:
I've been using the same media for about a year now, adding a little Nu finish now and then. still polishes my brass just fine.

Well fellas I polish thousands of cases during the fall, which I pick up from abandoned sandpits. Up here in Northern Ontario, people use sandpits to sight in there rifles and leave the brass, which is a good source of once fired brass for me. So just using walnut media would not cut it for me. BTW I find mostly 308 Win., 30-06 Sprg., 243 Win., 303 Brit.,270 Win., 7mm Rem Mag, 300 Win Mag, and a bunch of WSM of different calibers, almost everything you can think up can be found. The other thing is Nu Finish speeds up the process, I have to sort and package the brass, so I don't need more time wasted in the polisher.

284 Win

I use 1/2 cap full every batch.

I have never found the need to spend money to improve something that works perfectly fine.

That is true. But I like mine shiny besides just clean. That requires some kind of polish. It also keeps the brass from getting tarnished from touching it while reloading it. It will stay shiny and new looking for a long time.

I have been using it for a year. I was saving brass, and sorting it and pollishing it in the tumbler to use as trade fodder for a press, and equipment. I just dab some on a couple of cotton cleaning patches and throw it in with the brass. It also makes resizing a whole lot smooter and easier.

Back