Brainless Hoplophobe

rwilson452

One of our R&G club members at our latest BS session called our fine PA governor a Brainless Hoplophobe.

Question:
Is brainless hoplophobe an oxymoron?

No, some hoplophobes have a fear of guns just like people have a fear of spiders. The "normal" person eventually realizes that their phobia is irrational and tries their best to avoid the phobia or takes action to eliminate their phobia. The "brainless" one believes that their feelings about their phobia are normal and that everyone else is wrong.

The current hoplophobes that want to ban guns act just like a group of germophobes might want to make the government mandate people wash their hands 60 times a day and bathe in rubbing alcohol. Completely irrational in their beliefs despite contradictory evidence that their position and fears are unfounded.

I myself have a few very minor phobias. I realize that they are irrational and I try my best to not let them disrupt my life.

I bet you are a lapinaphobe, aren't you, Crosshair?:D

Run! Flee! Scary!

brush-rabbit.jpg

Maybe the lapinaphobes will try to ban "assault rabbits". It's a good thing they are a disorganized lot and hold little political power.

oldbillthundercheif I bet you are a lapinaphobe, aren't you, Crosshair?

Darn right, do you know what they do to a garden and/or flower bed? Have to kill the little buggers.

My dad uses a live trap. I at least use a BB gun to off them, he uses a shovel.

I would call one brainless if he/she refuses to become educated and attempt to face those fears with sense of logic.

I think some of the fearful enjoy their fear (all the while saying they hate their fears) and that is why they refuse to do anything about it. That is brainless. OR, it is a sign of a true mental illness that allows them to make a personality trait or ''lifestyle'' out of their fears. Take away the fear and there is nothing left for/of some of these people.

I am going to hunt down my Psyche books and study up on this. I took those classes in '93. I have forgotten entirely too much.

Back