Bragging Rights ... at least for a little while

flashhole

We've lost 21 of 29 chickens to a pair of foxes in the last couple of months. Yesterday my 15 year old daughter took care of half the problem with her CZ 455 in 22lr. Right through the vitals at about 60 yards. The 4-H Shooting Sports are paying dividends. That's our not-so-foxhound dog with her although the dog did find the fox in the woods after it was shot.

Look at those grins! Not so sure what the puppy is so proud of though (I think he may be a plant). They're both cute, glad she got the varmint, and you have representin' New York braggin' rights!

Don't be fooled by that dog's appearance. She will surprise you. She found the fox on command when they were looking for it in the woods. One of the smartest dogs I've ever seen and 3 consecutive years agility champion at the Tioga County Fair. Not big-time competition but she took to agility just like a duckling takes to water. Check out this doggy video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjlQh717ZsU

and this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T95SZ4UFox0

Good shootin! Got to love 4H as well. Tell her good job.

Those little Corgi's can be great dogs to have. My brother's was stubborn as a mule at times but was a fun little dog. They do need a job IMO.

Fantastic, great shooting and a talented dog. 4H is big in our area as well, in fact the 4H fair is this week at the county fair grounds.
Your daughter is a fine young lady and an asset to our future generations.

Great job to the both of them! I lost my Corgi a couple of months ago. He was a little hellion, but he was the smartest dog I've ever had. He had a great natural instinct in sniffing out the varmints around the property. Good luck on getting any of those other critters around the coop!

Kudos to your beautiful daughter.

Besides foxes...I would tend to think that a raccoon might also be raiding that chicken house.

May I suggest, having a go at a full moon night hunt for raccoon's with coon dogs --- if she's interested --- or maybe some live coon traps might work.

Very cool, always glad to see young blood entering our ranks, and let's face it we need all the help we can get in NYS. Congrats to your daughter.

Back